I think its fair to say that residents have been pleased with the response from the new owner who has been very approachable and that while we would all rather there wasn't an existing 1am licence at weekends, we recognise that under licensing law there was little the licensing sub committee could do about that.
We are pleased that through discussions with the owner, residents, the police and ultimately the licensing committee the following have been agreed:
- Live music to end at 11pm
- Karaoke to be restricted to upstairs room
- It was confirmed that the refreshment licence only permits food to be consumed on the premises
- No off sales of alcohol are permitted after 11pm
- No drinks sold for consumption on the premises may leave the premises after this time
- The number of smokers permitted outside after 11pm at any one time reduced from 20 to 10